Traineeships are a short training programme with work experience.
They are ideal for you if you’re not yet ready to begin an Apprenticeship or to start work and will give you the skills and experience you need to progress onto one of these.
A Traineeship will provide you with:
- A high quality and relevant work experience placement
- Work preparation training including interview skills, CV preparation and confidence building
- Support with English and Maths and a recognised qualification in both (if required)
- A formal reference from an employer
- Support into an Apprenticeship or employment after successful completion of the programme.
At the centre of the Traineeship is a high quality work placement which will be tailored to your needs and goals and will last for up to 6 months. The work placement will help you develop the skills, knowledge, confidence, attitudes and behaviours you need to succeed at work.
We will help you to develop other skills valued by employers and will support you with CV writing, interview skills, team working and building your self-confidence.
If you do not have a GCSE at A-C in Maths and English we will provide training and support you to improve these skills and achieve a recognised qualification.Total Training Provision offers Traineeships leading to Apprenticeships and works in the following vocational areas.
Which vocational area?
- Customer Service
- Business Administration
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Health and Social Care
A Traineeships could be ideal for you if you are:
Who is eligible?
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience;
- motivated to work;
- A UK resident aged between 16 and 24 years and you do not have a Level 3 qualification;
- likely to be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a traineeship.
Who is not eligible?
A Traineeship is not for you if you are:
- already on an Apprenticeship or ready to start one;
- already employed or ready to start employment;
- aged over 25;
- not motivated to work.
Chloe - Wakefield
Chloe, who is 18 applied for the position of Customer Service (retail) Trainee, having struggled to find work. She had no real idea of what she wanted to become and had previously never been offered an interview with an employer, she was very quiet and withdrawn for the first few weeks. To begin with she didn’t perform too effectively in the Charity shop, however, once she had grasped her role within the shop and completed parts of the Traineeship, she began to grow in confidence. Chloe has benefited greatly from her work experience and has unlocked her potential and is now able to put the skills she has gained into practice. She is currently applying for a full-time job and has been offered interviews with a range of employers.
If you are interested in starting a Traineeship or have any questions, please contact us by telephone on 01709 261262; by email at email@example.com or via Facebook.