If you do not need to pay the levy
- You pay 5% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice. You need to:
- agree a payment schedule with the training provider
- pay them directly for the training
- The government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum. They’ll pay it directly to the training provider.
To be eligible for an Apprenticeship
- You need to be 16+ as of 31st August
- You can be employed or unemployed
- You’re not currently on another Government funded programme
- You need to have been living legally in the UK or EU for the last 3 years
Apply for the hire a new apprentice payment
You can apply for new apprentices who joined your organisation from 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021. You must set up an apprenticeship service account.
The incentive payment is in addition to the £1,000 employers already receive for hiring an apprentice:
- aged 16 to 18 years old
- under 25 with an education, health and care plan or who has been in the care of their local authority
To receive the full payment, the apprenticeship must last for at least one year.
Apprentices who joined your organisation from 1 April 2021
You will receive £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who have an employment start date of 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021.
They must have an apprenticeship start date of 1 April 2021 to 30 November 2021.
Apprentices who joined your organisation before 1 April 2021
The application deadline for these apprentices has closed.
You’ll get the payment in 2 equal installments:
50% after the apprentice completes 90 days of their apprenticeship and the remaining 50% after 365 days. To get the full payment, the apprenticeship must last for at least one year.
Full information on the incentives payments for hiring a new apprentice can be found by clicking the link below:
Why not get started now?
You can register for an apprenticeship service account to access funds or pay for training. Please follow the following link for more information on how to register.
Or get in touch