Diploma in Barbering
The broad purpose of the occupation is to demonstrate a range of Barbering skills tailored to client requirements, whilst providing an outstanding service. A Barbering professional at level 2 will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of barbering techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks, cut facial hair into shape and provide shaving services.
Barbers must be able to work with all hair types, characteristics and classifications ranging from straight (type 1) hair to very curly, hair with texture (Type 4 wiry hair). They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills, retail skills alongside safe working practices associated with their role. They must be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification cover the below units:
- Consultation for hair services
- Cut facial hair into shapes
- Cutting hair and using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Shaving services
- Style and finish men’s hair
AT A GLANCE
Download latest course info
- 19+ as of 31st August
- Employed or Unemployed
- Living legally in the UK or EU for 3 years
- Not currently on a funded programme
This course is fully funded through the Adult Education Budget.
The course is available for anyone who reaches the eligibility requirements, please contact us for further information
- Delivered in your workplace