Understanding Mental Health
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
- mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
- how to support mental well-being through various stages of life
- mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
- the skills required to work in a mental health service.
- 19+ as of 31st August
- Employed or Unemployed
- Living legally in the UK or EU for 3 years
- Not currently on a funded programme
This course is fully funded through the Adult Education Budget.
The course is available for anyone who reaches the eligibility requirements in the Liverpool Region.
- Online sessions delivered weekly over teams.