What does this qualification cover?
The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including:
• how to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism
• the current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time
• how to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
• the range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
• how to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism
• how to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
Who is it suitable for?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
- 19+ as of 31st August
- Employed or Unemployed
- Living legally in the UK or EU for 3 years
- Not currently on a funded programme
This course is fully funded through the Adult Education Budget.
The course is available for anyone who reaches the eligibility requirements in the Liverpool Region.
- Online sessions delivered weekly over teams.